Skip to Content
If you're living with high stress levels you're putting your entire wellbeing at risk. Stress weakens our immune systems and affects our mental and physical health. Get on top of your stress with this series of videos containing quick strategies to help reduce and eliminate stress and gain control.
All these videos can also be watched on our YouTube channel - playlist Stress Management
1. The first step in overcoming your stress is identifying the sources of it:
2. Learn about the 4 A's of stress management - Avoid, Alter, Adapt, Accept. A quick strategy to help you gain control.
3. Get Moving - Physical activity is a huge stress reliever—and you don’t have to be an athlete or spend hours in a gym to experience the benefits.
4. Connecting with others - Connecting with other human beings is an important strategy to help you manage your stress levels.
5. Make Time For Yourself - You can’t fit anyone else’s oxygen mask until you’ve fitted your own … so make time for yourself.
6. Poor time management can cause a lot of stress. When you’re stretched too thin and running behind, it’s hard to stay calm and focused. Managing your time well will help you achieve a healthier work-life balance.
7. Maintain Balance - In addition to regular exercise, there are other healthy lifestyle choices that can increase your resistance to stress.
8. Relieving stress in the moment - There are countless techniques for managing stress. Yoga, meditation and exercise are just a few examples of stress-relieving activities that work wonders. But in the heat of the moment, during a high-pressured job interview or a disagreement with your spouse, you can’t just excuse yourself to meditate or take a long walk. In these situations, you need something more immediate and accessible.
Page authorised by Campus Registrar, Manawatu
Last updated on Tuesday 28 April 2020