Skip to Content
Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates.
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Diploma in Health Science requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Diploma in Health Science shall follow a flexible course of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule for the Diploma;
(b) at least 45 credits at 200-level or above;
(c) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Diploma;
(d) attending contact courses, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials and laboratories as required.
3. The Diploma in Health Science is awarded without an endorsement.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
7. Subject to the Maximum Time to Completion and Abandonment of Studies provisions specified in the Part I regulations for the Diploma, candidates who enrolled in the Diploma in Health Science prior to January 2016 may be permitted course substitution beyond the normal limits.
8. These Transitional arrangements expire in December 2020.
231.106 Introduction to Public Health 15 credits
250.100 Health Communication 15 credits
114.240 Organisational Behaviour 15 credits
128.200 Healthy Workplace Design 15 credits
128.300 Ergonomics/Human Factors: Work, Performance, Health and Design 15 credits
147.101 Rehabilitation Studies 15 credits
147.102 Whakapiri: Engagement in Mental Health and Addiction Work 15 credits
147.201 Issues in Rehabilitation 15 credits
147.302 Alcohol, Other Drugs and Addiction 15 credits
150.202 Mauri ora: Māori Wellbeing and Vitality 15 credits
P 15 credits from 150.1xx
175.101 Psychology as a Social Science 15 credits
175.102 Psychology as a Natural Science 15 credits
175.201 Social Psychology 15 credits
194.101 Introductory Physiology 15 credits
214.213 Toxic Substances, Human Health and the Environment 15 credits
214.215 Food Safety and Human Health 15 credits
214.216 Environmental and Public Health Law 15 credits
214.301 Environmental Health Risk Management for Disasters 15 credits
214.312 Environmental Monitoring and Investigative Methods 15 credits
214.314 Water and Waste Treatment 15 credits
214.316 Bio-Physical Effects of Noise and Vibration 15 credits
214.335 Food Politics 15 credits
251.271 Occupational Health and Safety I 15 credits
251.272 Occupational Health and Safety II 15 credits
251.370 Health and Safety Auditing 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019