Skip to Content
Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University.
1. Admission to the Certificate in Intermediate Intensive English requires that the candidate will have:
(a) an ability to read and write in any language;
(b) been placed into the qualification on the basis of an assessment of their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in English;
(c) completed education to the equivalent of at least NCEA Level 1.
2. Candidates for the Certificate in Intermediate Intensive English shall follow a fixed programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 72 credits from the schedule to the qualification.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, with the approval of the Director, Professional and Continuing Education a candidate may substitute a course or courses listed in the Schedule for the Certificate in Upper Intermediate Intensive English for one or more courses listed in the Schedule to the qualification.
4. No course may be credited to more than one Intensive English certificate.
5. There are no specialisations for this qualification.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
192.075 Intermediate Reading and Writing 18 credits
192.076 Intermediate Listening and Speaking 18 credits
192.078 Skills and Strategies for Intermediate Reading and Writing 18 credits
192.079 Skills and Strategies for Intermediate Listening and Speaking 18 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019