Skip to Content
Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a university Bachelor's degree with a major in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or an equivalent qualification, having achieved a B grade average or higher, over the qualifying 300-level courses;
or shall have:
(c) been awarded or qualified for a Graduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or an equivalent qualification; having achieved a B grade average or higher, over the qualification;
or shall have:
(d) completed a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Qualification;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(c) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is awarded without Specialisation.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Science and Technology should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
240.752 Integrated Logistics 30 credits
240.753 Supply Chain Analytics 15 credits
112.702 International Agri-Food Marketing Strategies 15 credits
130.705 Emergency Management 30 credits
152.752 Project Management 30 credits
238.700 Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Footprinting Principles 15 credits
P 160.1xx or 161.1xx
240.754 Supply Chain Optimisation 15 credits
240.756 Value Chain Management 15 credits
240.757 Logistics in Humanitarian Aid Projects 15 credits
240.758 Research Methods in Supply Chain Management 30 credits
247.792 Special Topic 15 credits
247.793 Special Topic 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019