Skip to Content
Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Learning Support requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and will
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor's degree in teaching, or equivalent; and
(c) hold registration as a teacher with a current practising certificate from the Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand; and
(d) have completed at least two years of relevant teaching experience as approved by the Academic Board, or their delegate; and
(e) been selected in to the Diploma on the basis of an application which may include the assessment of a professional portfolio.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Learning Support shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule for the Diploma;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Diploma;
(c) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Learning Support is awarded without endorsement.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Learning Support may be awarded with Distinction or Merit in accordance with the provisions of the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas and Postgraduate Certificates.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Learning Support should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
249.730 Learning Support: Networked Learning 30 credits
P Appraisal required
249.731 Learning Support: Professional Practice 30 credits
P Appraisal required
249.770 Supervision and Mentoring in Specialist Teaching 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019