Skip to Content
Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in International Development requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Development Studies, or equivalent; or
(c) have been awarded or qualified for any Bachelor's degree and have industry experience of an appropriate kind and duration.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in International Development shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Diploma; and including
(b) any compulsory courses.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in International Development is awarded without a specialisation.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in International Development may be awarded with distinction or merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation, may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in International Development should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
131.701 Development and Underdevelopment 30 credits
131.702 Development Management 30 credits
131.703 Gender and Development 30 credits
131.704 Sustainable Development 30 credits
131.706 Globalisation and Development 30 credits
131.707 Development Research Design 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019