Skip to Content
Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates.
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Management requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) shall have been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Environmental Management or an equivalent qualification.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Qualification;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(c) at least 30 credits from each of two Options listed in the Schedule to the Qualification;
(d) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, and at the discretion of Academic Board, Candidates may be required to complete one or more bridging courses, 188.707 and/or 188.708, should their undergraduate qualification be deficient in environmental economics or applied science.
4. The Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Management is awarded without Specialisation.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Science and Technology should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
119.791 Special Topic 15 credits
119.792 Special Topic 15 credits
188.707 Environmental Management Principles and Practice 15 credits
188.708 Land System Change 15 credits
196.713 Ecology 30 credits
P 196.3xx or 199.3xx
152.752 Project Management 30 credits
189.761 Applied Remote Sensing 30 credits
233.706 Environmental Geographical Information Systems 30 credits
233.707 Environmental Remote Sensing 30 credits
238.700 Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Footprinting Principles 15 credits
P 160.1xx or 161.1xx
247.790 Special Topic Applied Statistics 15 credits
247.791 Special Topic in Data Analysis 15 credits
132.735 Natural Resource Policy and Planning 30 credits
145.707 Economic Geography 30 credits
188.705 Environmental Policy 15 credits
235.707 Māori Natural Resource Policy 30 credits
131.704 Sustainable Development 30 credits
132.751 Natural Hazards and Resilient Communities 30 credits
176.718 Environmental Sociology 30 credits
188.751 Advanced Zero Waste for Sustainability 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019