Skip to Content
Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates.
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics requires that the candidate shall:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and shall have:
(b) been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor degree, or equivalent; and
(c) completed at least one full-time year of relevant teaching experience, or equivalent
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics shall follow a flexible programme of study totalling at least 120 credits as detailed in the Schedule for the Qualification.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics is awarded without specialisation.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics may be awarded with Distinction or Merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
272.702 Second Language Learning Theories and Processes 30 credits
272.703 Contemporary Approaches to Language Teaching Methodology 30 credits
272.705 Advanced TESOL for diverse learners and contexts 30 credits
272.715 Current Issues in Applied Linguistics 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019