Skip to Content
Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and shall
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent;
(c) have completed at least 6 months of full time relevant professional experience, or equivalent; and
(d) have access to tertiary level learners and/or teaching contexts during all academic periods while enrolled in the Certificate.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits, comprising:
(a) the compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning; and including:
(b) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Notwithstanding regulation 2, and with the permission of Academic Board or their delegate, substitution of a relevant course from the Master of Education schedule for the compulsory course 273.785 may be permitted.
4. The Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning is awarded without specialisation.
5. A candidate's programme of study may not exceed two years from date of first enrolment in a course to be credited to the Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
8. Subject to the Maximum Time to Completion and Abandonment of Studies provisions specified in Part I of the Certificate regulations, candidates who enrolled in the Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and have completed at least 30 credits prior to 1 January 2018 may choose to graduate under that qualification title.
273.784 Learning and Teaching in Tertiary Education 30 credits
273.785 Assessment and Evaluation in Tertiary Education 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019