Skip to Content
Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Emergency Management requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and have
(b) been awarded or qualified for an undergraduate degree and have at least two years of relevant industry or professional experience, or equivalent; or
(c) been awarded or qualified for the Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management having achieved at least a B grade average, or equivalent; or
(d) been awarded or qualified for the Graduate Diploma in Emergency Management having achieved at least a B grade average, or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate in Emergency Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of 700-level courses from the Schedule to the Qualification totalling at least 60 credits; including attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Certificate in Emergency Management is awarded without endorsement.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
130.701 Natural Hazards 30 credits
130.702 Coping with Disasters 30 credits
130.705 Emergency Management 30 credits
130.706 Emergency Management in Practice 30 credits
132.751 Natural Hazards and Resilient Communities 30 credits
230.703 Techniques and Methods in Evaluation Research 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019