Skip to Content
Scan the QR code using the NZ COVID Tracer app when you enter campus.
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Education requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and shall have been awarded or qualified for:
(b) the Bachelor of Education, or equivalent; or
(c) any other Bachelor degree or equivalent, and hold a professional qualification in teaching; or
(d) any other Bachelor degree or equivalent, and have relevant professional experience.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate in Education shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of 700-level courses totalling at least 60 credits from the Schedule to the Certificate.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, subject to the approval of the Academic Board variation in excess of the limits specified in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates are permitted.
4. The Postgraduate Certificate in Education is awarded without endorsement.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
253.750 Counselling Theory 30 credits
253.753 Guidance in Education 30 credits
253.754 Family and Couples Counselling 30 credits
253.755 Culture and Counselling 30 credits
254.702 Facing Big Questions in Education 30 credits
254.706 Advanced Studies in Curriculum Policy and Practice 30 credits
254.744 Educational Issues Among Pacific Islands Peoples in New Zealand 30 credits
254.773 Educational Policy Analysis 30 credits
254.774 Evaluation of Educational Organisations 30 credits
254.775 Management of Human Resources in Educational Organisations 30 credits
257.766 Leading TESOL in Diverse Contexts 30 credits
257.767 Current Issues and Innovations in TESOL Leadership 30 credits
257.769 Teaching Content to English Language Learners 30 credits
258.720 Foundations of Literacy Education 30 credits
258.721 Teaching Students with Literacy Learning Difficulties 30 credits
258.722 The Nature, Prevention and Remediation of Literacy Learning Difficulties 30 credits
258.723 Teaching Writing in the Classroom 30 credits
259.771 Educational Leadership in Action 30 credits
259.772 Theory and Process in Educational Leadership 30 credits
259.780 Language Policy and Assessment 30 credits
261.760 Digital Education and Design for Learning 30 credits
261.764 Foundations of Digital Education 30 credits
261.765 Trends in Digital Education 30 credits
261.766 Teaching and Digital Education 30 credits
262.751 Theory and Foundations of Gifted and Talented Education 30 credits
263.701 Enhancing Teacher Learning and Mentoring 30 credits
263.704 Advanced Studies in Motivation and Learning 30 credits
263.705 Assessment for Learning and Teaching 30 credits
263.706 Adolescent Learning and Engagement 30 credits
265.736 Quality in Early Years Education 30 credits
265.737 Young Children and Their Families 30 credits
265.738 Children's Play and Learning in an Intentional Teaching Practice 30 credits
265.740 Advanced Studies on Learning in the Early Years 30 credits
267.740 Mixed Methods Research in Education 15 credits
269.711 Policy and Development in Māori Education 30 credits
269.733 Mana Motuhake: Contemporary Issues in Māori & Indigenous Education 30 credits
269.734 Mana Whānau: Whānau Engagement in Education 30 credits
269.735 Mana Kura: Leadership in Māori Education 30 credits
269.736 Mana Matauranga: Indigeneity, Innovation & Information 30 credits
273.722 Adult Learning: Myths and Realities 30 credits
273.723 Cultures and Learning: Diversity in Tertiary Education 30 credits
273.724 The Expert Teacher of Adults: Principles and Practice 30 credits
273.784 Learning and Teaching in Tertiary Education 30 credits
273.785 Assessment and Evaluation in Tertiary Education 30 credits
276.700 Developing Mathematical Inquiry Communities 30 credits
276.731 STEM in Education and Society 30 credits
276.782 Mathematics Education 30 credits
276.784 Current Issues in Teaching Mathematics 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019