Skip to Content
Use COVID-19 Alert Level 2 contact tracing form when on campus.
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Degree of Master of Applied Statistics requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) shall have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor's degree with a major in Statistics, or equivalent, having achieved a B grade average or higher over the qualifying highest level courses.
2. Candidates for the Degree of Master of Applied Statistics shall follow a parts-based programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 180 credits, comprising:
(a) completion of Part One and Part Two as defined by the Schedule to the Degree;
(b) courses selected from the Schedule to the Degree; and including:
(c) any Compulsory Courses listed in the Schedule to the Degree.
3. The Degree of Master of Applied Statistics is awarded without specialisations.
4. For progression from Part One to Part Two, candidates must have achieved a minimum Grade Average of B over the Part One courses.
5. In cases of sufficient merit, the Degree of Master of Applied Statistics may be awarded with Distinction or Merit.
6. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
7. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Science and Technology (Statistics) should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
8. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
161.705 Advanced Statistical Inference 15 credits
161.770 Statistical Consulting 15 credits
161.704 Bayesian Statistics 15 credits
161.709 Topic in Statistical Theory 15 credits
161.725 Statistical Quality Control 15 credits
161.729 Topics in Applied Statistics 15 credits
161.743 Statistical Reliability and Survival Analysis 15 credits
161.744 Statistical Genetics 15 credits
247.792 Special Topic 15 credits
247.793 Special Topic 15 credits
161.893 Research Report 60 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019