Skip to Content
Scan the QR code using the NZ COVID Tracer app when you enter campus.
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Bachelor of Commercial Music (Honours) requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Commercial Music, having achieved at least a B grade average over the highest level courses, or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Commercial Music Honours shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) at least 120 credits at 700 and 800 levels from the Schedule to the degree;
(b) the compulsory courses as listed in the Schedule; and
(b) attending contact workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and/or laboratories as required.
3. The Bachelor of Commercial Music (Honours) is awarded without a subject.
4. The Degree of Bachelor of Commercial Music (Honours) is awarded with a class of Honours.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation, may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
133.701 Research, Prototyping and Development for Advanced Music Projects 30 credits
133.702 Creative Professional Practice in Music 15 credits
133.703 Contemporary Music Project 15 credits
P Permission Head of School
197.705 Independent Study 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019