Skip to Content
Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Degree of Bachelor of Business Studies with Honours requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Business Studies having achieved at least a B grade average across the 300-level courses of the intended subject, or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the degree of Bachelor of Business Studies with Honours shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, comprising:
(a) at least 120 credits from the courses for a subject as listed in the Schedule for the Degree;
(b) the 30-credit research report listed in the schedule for that subject;
(c) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Candidates shall complete a subject by passing at least 120 credits in that subject, including a 30-credit research report. The requirements for each subject are set out in the Schedule for the Bachelor of Business Studies with Honours.
4. Subjects available for the degree of Bachelor of Business Studies with Honours are: Accountancy, Business Information Systems, Communication, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing, and Valuation and Property Management.
5. In cases of sufficient merit, the Bachelor of Business Studies with Honours may be awarded with a class of honours.
6. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Qualifications will apply.
7. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Business Studies should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
8. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
9. Subject to the Maximum Time to Completion and Abandonment of Studies provisions specified in the Part I regulations for the degree, candidates enrolled in the Bachelor of Business Studies with Honours prior to 1 January 2019 who have completed at least 30 credits towards the Management subject, may be permitted to substitute 152.761, 152.764 and/or 152.766 for a courses or course(s) at the same level in order to complete the requirements of the subject. These transitional arrangements expire on 31 December 2020.
110.799 Research Report 30 credits
110.717 Research Methods in Accounting 30 credits
110.785 International Taxation 30 credits
219.799 Research Report 30 credits
219.702 Management Communication 30 credits
219.703 Perspectives in Business Communication 30 credits
219.704 International and Intercultural Communication 30 credits
219.705 Advanced News Media Processes 30 credits
219.706 Strategic Public Relations 30 credits
219.708 Political Communication 30 credits
219.709 Advanced Journalism Issues 30 credits
219.710 Persuasive Communication Practice 30 credits
178.781 Research Project Part 1 15 credits
178.782 Research Project Part 2 15 credits
178.799 Research Project 30 credits
P Appraisal Required
178.703 The Theory and Practice of Economics 30 credits
178.718 Health Economics 30 credits
178.724 Applied Econometric Methods 15 credits
178.741 Research Methods in AgriCommerce 15 credits
125.791 Research Report Part 1 15 credits
125.792 Research Report Part 2 15 credits
125.799 Research Report 30 credits
125.780 Advanced International Finance 30 credits
P Appraisal Required
125.785 Research Methods in Economics and Finance 30 credits
114.799 Research Report 30 credits
114.702 Human Resource Management and Workplace Relations 30 credits
114.709 Managing the Employment Relationship 30 credits
114.710 Organisational Learning 30 credits
114.761 International Human Resource Management 30 credits
114.762 Career Management in an International Context 30 credits
152.700 Organisation and Management 30 credits
152.701 Advanced Management 30 credits
152.702 Advanced Strategic Management 30 credits
152.724 Advanced Services Management 30 credits
152.731 Innovation and New Ventures 30 credits
R 26.441, 52.731
152.732 Issues in Entrepreneurship 30 credits
R 26.442, 52.732
152.740 Public Sector Administration 30 credits
152.752 Project Management 30 credits
152.757 Critical Management Studies 30 credits
152.762 The International Business Environment 30 credits
152.768 Managing Knowledge 30 credits
156.799 Research Report 30 credits
156.758 Advanced Social Marketing 30 credits
156.761 Customer Insights 30 credits
156.762 Return on Marketing Investment 30 credits
156.775 Theory and Models of Marketing 30 credits
P At least 45 credits of 156.3xx or 60 credits of 156.7xx or Appraisal Required
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019